Alex's IMPACT part 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Select Few Scenes Of My New Screenplay, Tell Me What Ya Th

4 posters

Go down

A Select Few Scenes Of My New Screenplay, Tell Me What Ya Th Empty A Select Few Scenes Of My New Screenplay, Tell Me What Ya Th

Post  Ghostface! At The Disco Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:15 pm

INT. BEDROOM -- NIGHT

The bedroom is one of an average teenager. It is dark and the lights are out. It is quite messy.

Next to the windows is a glass door. It apparently leads to the front yard. There is no handle, nor hinges on the door. It is nailed shut.

It is raining outside. In one corner of the room is a mannequin with all sorts of half assembled garments covering it. The kid who lives in this room obviously has an interest in fashion.

In a bed in the corner of the room, quietly sleeps a dark haired teenage boy. He appears to be around 15.

Shadows shift around on the ceiling.

The boy opens one of his eyes. His eye shifts around looking at the shadows on the ceiling. The boys slowly slides his feet onto the carpet floor.

He stands up, and walks over towards the window. He gazes out at the front yard.

A hand grabs his shoulders. The boy jumps and swings around. A man with a distorted face stands behind him.

MAN
Hello, Brian.

Brian
(FRIGHTENED)
Who are you? Why are you in my room? I don't have any drugs or money man.

MAN
Who am I? Hmm, who are you?

BRIAN
Wha-?

MAN
Just call me Carl for now.

BRIAN
Carl, huh?

Carl
Yeah. . . Carl.

BRIAN
What are you doing in my house?

CARL
Dreams.

BRIAN
What?

CARL
What am I doing in your dreams. That's the real question.

BRIAN
I just want you, I just want you to, I just want you to get out, Ok?

CARL
What are you going to do Brian? Call the cops? Oooh, i'm shaking in my boots here.

BRIAN
Yeah, yeah, I am. I'm going to call the cops on your sorry

Carl cuts Brian off, slightly annoyed.

CARL
You'll just end up in therapy again Brian. They can't arrest me, without arresting you. I live, well temporarily, in you per say. . . And I have to tell you, your mind is pretty freakin' twisted for a 15 year old. I'm your best friend and you don't even know it.

BRIAN
How do you know so much about me? What do you want?

Carl points towards the pointless glass door.

CARL
Look out that door Brian. There's no handle. No way out. It's nailed shut. Your life is kind of like that.

BRIAN
Oh really, um, Carl. . . How so?

CARL
You want to get out and be free, but there's no handle, and i'm afraid, my friend ---

BRIAN
(CUTTING CARL OFF)
I'm not you friend.

Carl SIGHS.

CARL
Well, we'll see about that.
(BEAT)
Anyways, what I was saying is that i'm afraid you don't have the guts, to bust through the glass and be free Brian. You're like a goldfish.

BRIAN
A goldfish huh?

CARL
Yeah, a bulgy eyed gold fish. You're stuck in your little fish bowl, and you're never getting out into the ocean. You're never going to fulfill your true, hmm, calling per say.

BRIAN
What is my true calling then?

CARL
Oh I think you already know that.

On a small drawer behind Brian a picture spontaneously falls off the top. Brian turns around and picks it up off the floor. He carefully places it back on the desk.

The picture is one of Brian and his father on a fishing trip. It is dated three years prior.

Brian turns back towards the window. Carl is nowhere in sight.

FADE TO: BLACK
Ghostface! At The Disco
Ghostface! At The Disco
Admin

https://impact2.all-up.com or www.myspace.com/alexstyron

Back to top Go down

A Select Few Scenes Of My New Screenplay, Tell Me What Ya Th Empty Re: A Select Few Scenes Of My New Screenplay, Tell Me What Ya Th

Post  Ghostface! At The Disco Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:31 pm

INT. CAR -- LATER

Brian and his mother continue to drive down the highway. Brian looks out the window at the passing cars.

BRIAN
This city seems. . .fake. People look so happy here. No ones real. I bet 70% of this city is dead inside, and the other unknowing 30% wish they were like these people. It's pathetic. It's sickening. And regretfully. . . it's most of america. It's like an. . . epidemic.

NANCY
Yeah. You ever think that they might ever actually be happy? Huh? You ever think of that smart alec?

BRIAN
I say they're all liars. Society in general are all liars, you know? You just wake up, put on your white middle class republican smile, and try to not to make your wincing to painfully obvious for the general public.

NANCY
So you're saying the American dream is pretty much a lie, a cover per say to hide the pain.

BRIAN
No. All i'm really saying is. . . what is the, real, American dream?
Ghostface! At The Disco
Ghostface! At The Disco
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Select Few Scenes Of My New Screenplay, Tell Me What Ya Th Empty Re: A Select Few Scenes Of My New Screenplay, Tell Me What Ya Th

Post  Shadow_Girl Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:32 pm

So...where's the rest of it? o.o Like you said, it's only a few scenes. But they seem out of place to me, I guess cause it's not the whole thing.
Shadow_Girl
Shadow_Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostface! At The Disco Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:37 am

It's just two random scenes from completely different places in the script. But they're my two favorites, and I had nothing better to post.
Ghostface! At The Disco
Ghostface! At The Disco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow_Girl Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:49 pm

Ah, I see. But is it possible to see all of the script somehow? It seems interesting, and I've never seen any of your work.
Shadow_Girl
Shadow_Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFairMaiden Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:00 am

That sounds awesome Alex!!! It seems like it's going to have an interesting plot line with neat twists.
TheFairMaiden
TheFairMaiden

http://www.xanga.com/FightingForVirtue

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostface! At The Disco Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:21 am

I could send it to you through email, but I dont want to post the whole thing here until I've finished it and filed for my copyright.
Ghostface! At The Disco
Ghostface! At The Disco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow_Girl Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:55 pm

Understood.
Shadow_Girl
Shadow_Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  The Beaver Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:59 am

hey alex what happend to that movie we shot when i was down there that was really fun
The Beaver
The Beaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum