Alex's IMPACT part 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Our Missionaries~

Go down

~Our Missionaries~ Empty ~Our Missionaries~

Post  TheFairMaiden Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:23 pm

Tons of churches all around the world send missionaries to other cities, states, and countries. I think the men and women who are missionaries (some who risk their lives daily) are easily forgotten by the church's congregation. As Christians, it's our job to take care of and encourage one another. What are some things we could do to help out or encourage the missionaries that our church or someone else's supports? As leaders in our youth group, neighborhoods, and communities, it's our job to set the example. What are some ways we could get our friends and families pumped about serving our missionaries? I'm going to list some of my ideas. You can build on them, or list your own. Then here's the challenge: Commit to doing one or all of the ideas you list. Here's mine:

1.Writing letters- Whenever I get a newsletter from a missionary family that our church sponsors, something they always ask for is letters from back home. I think that would be really cool to do. I love getting letters, and I'm sure they do too.

2.Fund-raising!- Who doesn't like a bake or yard sale? You could give a percentage (or all) of the profits to your church to help out missionaries.

3.Sending supplies- Another thing that the families in the newsletters ask for are basic supplies, such as certain non-perishable foods, and personal hygiene items. Even if it's not a lot, it will still help.

4.Missionary awareness- Though many people forget about the missionaries, there are also many that don't even know about them. Passing around newsletters, telling friends and family about them, and other such things are good ways to get people involved. How can you help someone you don't know about?

List your ideas below, and remember to make a goal (probably a couple of times a year if not more often) to carry out your suggestions. I will definitely write some letters, and work on getting some kind of fund-raiser started soon. Good luck guys!
TheFairMaiden
TheFairMaiden

http://www.xanga.com/FightingForVirtue

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum