Alex's IMPACT part 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 11:9,10 and Psalm 8

Go down

Luke 11:9,10 and Psalm 8 Empty Luke 11:9,10 and Psalm 8

Post  TheFairMaiden Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:18 pm

"So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." Luke 11:9,10.

I read that verse today during my devotional, and it got me thinking. We've all heard that verse before, but have we really considered what it means? I'm the type of person who trusts that God is able, but has a harder time trusting that God is willing. I spent the whole afternoon talking to God and pondering on that verse and one other, which I'll get to in a minute. Lately I've been pushing God onto the back burner while I did other things. Some of them, I didn't have to do, like watching Stargate or playing video games. I've been wanting to work on having more quiet time, and today I had the perfect opportunity.
Anyway, I read that verse and something seemed to click. There's always a nagging thought in the back of my head when I pray for something or someone that says, "What if God isn't willing?" This verse says that He is. Of course, what your asking must be in His will, but if it is, then He will absolutely grant your request. It was really encouraging to read that, and I decided then and there that I would trust that God was willing. After all, you can't spell willing without first saying will. That's intriguing, isn't it?
After that, I felt so much peace, that I wanted to read some verses on praise, and the goodness of God. What better place to turn to than the book of Psalms? Well I flipped there and glanced down, and ended up finding immediately the perfect verse. It said,

"O Lord, our Lord, How excellent is Your name in all the earth, Who have set Your glory above the heavens! Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have ordained strength, Because of Your enemies, That You may silence the enemy and the avenger. When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him? For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor. You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet, All sheep and oxen-Even the bests of the field, the birds of the air, And the fish of the sea That pass through the paths of the seas. O Lord, our Lord, How excellent is Your name in all the earth!" Psalm chapter 8.

That verse excited me so much! For the last couple of months, I've been considering all that God has made; the trees, flowers, clouds, stars, planets, the entirety of space, the human body, animals, even our minds, and I knew that there was no way such things could just happen. Trying to grasp why God would create such amazing things, and place us among them, made me wonder why God would think so highly of us, and love us like He does. When I read verse 4 of Psalm 8, "What is man that You are mindful of him...", I instantly read it with my name in it: "What is Sara that you are mindful of her?" I marveled that God could answer my question in such a way. King David asked the very same question I was wondering myself! I realized that why He loves me is something I may never know, but that he loves me is the most extraordinary thing. He's set us a little lower than angels, and has given us dominion over this earth. Isn't that astounding? I just wanted to yell with happiness when I read that. What do you think about those verses, or do you have anything or any verse to add yourself?
TheFairMaiden
TheFairMaiden

http://www.xanga.com/FightingForVirtue

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum