Alex's IMPACT part 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presidential Election 08-Who will you vote for? And more abo

+2
Ghostface! At The Disco
TheFairMaiden
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Presidential Election 08-Who will you vote for? And more abo Empty Presidential Election 08-Who will you vote for? And more abo

Post  TheFairMaiden Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:29 am

There are many interesting candidates running for next year's election. I'll be voting next year for the first time, and even if you aren't old enough to vote, you can still have an opinion. I'm leaning toward Fred Thompson as of right now because of his anti-gun-control beliefs, pro-life beliefs, and other conservative views that I share with him. I'm doing a report for school about the candidates for Election 08, and I started my research today. After over an hour and a half online, I got enough information on a single candidate so I could move on to the next. The person I started researching was Joe Biden, a Democrat. I don't have a prejudice against "democrats" per-say, but the majority of them are a little insane in their beliefs-in my opinion. I'm super-conservative, probably as conservative as it's humanly possible to be. I was a little stunned by some of the things I read, as well as the things I didn't. There was a lot of bashing of the Bush Administration, and weaving lies about the way the President does things. I couldn't believe someone could be so rude to someone that's in power, when George Bush has been an honorable president during his terms. It's true that some people don't think the war in Iraq was a good move, but degrading the president and coming out and calling him an idiot for fighting for our freedom is just wrong. I personally think he made the right choice. If we hadn't fought for our freedom on their land, we'd eventually be fighting it on ours. Why do some Americans think that a diplomatic approach will solve the terrorism we're fighting? Obviously diplomacy won't protect our Nation from people who hate us more than anything in the universe. Where's the common sense? List your opinion on this and other world issues below. I love politics! tongue
TheFairMaiden
TheFairMaiden

http://www.xanga.com/FightingForVirtue

Back to top Go down

Presidential Election 08-Who will you vote for? And more abo Empty Re: Presidential Election 08-Who will you vote for? And more abo

Post  Ghostface! At The Disco Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:45 am

I dont even know who I would vote for if I could. Hmm, yeah I don't see why people always bash bush. I mean I think the war is kind of dumb, but it's not gonna help to slander the president about it.
Ghostface! At The Disco
Ghostface! At The Disco
Admin

https://impact2.all-up.com or www.myspace.com/alexstyron

Back to top Go down

Presidential Election 08-Who will you vote for? And more abo Empty Re: Presidential Election 08-Who will you vote for? And more abo

Post  Star Scream Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:18 am

I wouldn't vote because there really is no good selection of canidates this year. And if any one gets office that is anti gun i'm going to the black market to buy my guns just to spite the president and to make a point!
Star Scream
Star Scream

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFairMaiden Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:34 pm

Yeah, I'm totally pro-gun. I think it's insane that the government doesn't want to let us defend ourselves. If you were a criminal, would you go to a place that might have people with concealed carry permits, or a "gun-free" zone?
TheFairMaiden
TheFairMaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow_Girl Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:34 pm

I haven't become 'for' any candidate. I never liked the situation in Iraq, but Bush bashing wasn't qualified. However, I think the Republicans are setting themselves up for trouble with Hillary bashings.
Shadow_Girl
Shadow_Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostface! At The Disco Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:04 pm

You have a good point.
Ghostface! At The Disco
Ghostface! At The Disco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow_Girl Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:30 pm

With Hillary being a candidate for President and people bashing her...if she handles this the right way, she can use the bashings to her advantage. Right now, it just looks like they're complaining about her cause she's a threat.
Shadow_Girl
Shadow_Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostface! At The Disco Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:37 pm

Agreed. I don't want her to win, but I would prefer her over Obama. Let us dissect his name.

Baraque - Sounds a bit like hmm, Iraq?

Saddam - Explains itself.

Obama - Osama anyone?
Ghostface! At The Disco
Ghostface! At The Disco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow_Girl Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:49 pm

Amen to that.
Shadow_Girl
Shadow_Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFairMaiden Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:02 pm

I agree. I was never comfortable with Obama, something didn't seem right. I always got a bad feeling when I saw him on TV. I really don't want Hillary Clinton in office though. I think she's run the country enough.
TheFairMaiden
TheFairMaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostface! At The Disco Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:46 pm

TheFairMaiden wrote:I agree. I was never comfortable with Obama, something didn't seem right. I always got a bad feeling when I saw him on TV. I really don't want Hillary Clinton in office though. I think she's run the country enough.

My mom thinks he's anti-christ-ish.
Ghostface! At The Disco
Ghostface! At The Disco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFairMaiden Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:55 pm

He could pull it off, definitely. Shocked
TheFairMaiden
TheFairMaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Scream Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:29 pm

TheFairMaiden wrote:Yeah, I'm totally pro-gun. I think it's insane that the government doesn't want to let us defend ourselves. If you were a criminal, would you go to a place that might have people with concealed carry permits, or a "gun-free" zone?

Well i'm a risk taker so i might go into an area with gun carrying people. ps. If i was a crimanal
Star Scream
Star Scream

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFairMaiden Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:38 pm

I don't think we should be able to carry guns because we're violent, but I think we should know how to use them in case of an emergency. What if you're in a public place, there aren't officers in the immediate area, and someone pulls out a gun and threatens your (or someone else's) life? I don't think we should have to depend on the police to protect us all the time, not that I think we should take justice into our own hands, but that should the time arise, we should be able to defend ourselves. I think banning guns just causes more crime, because there's no chance a law abiding citizen would have means of defense.
TheFairMaiden
TheFairMaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow_Girl Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:33 pm

And besides, where there's a will there's a way. People would find ways to get guns, and citizens would be in more danger. Guns don't kill people, whoever pulls the trigger of the gun does.
Shadow_Girl
Shadow_Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFairMaiden Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:41 pm

Exactly! I agree with you completely. Some people don't think guns are something we need for self-defense, or even that we need to protect ourselves, but I think it's a good thing to know how. Changing the subject to another political topic, what is your opinion on Foreign Oil? I think we should be getting oil off of our own lands.
TheFairMaiden
TheFairMaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow_Girl Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:20 pm

I think we should be trying to make an alternate affordable fuel besides oil. I believe it's possible to do.
Shadow_Girl
Shadow_Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Scream Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:20 am

I say we take over Venezuela and use their oil plus ours and get rid of the greedy C.E.O.s of the oil companies.
Star Scream
Star Scream

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFairMaiden Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:40 pm

I still think that if we have more than enough oil here, then we should take advantage of it.
TheFairMaiden
TheFairMaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow_Girl Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 pm

I think we should use our own if we can, BUT I still want an practical alternate fuel source ^^
Shadow_Girl
Shadow_Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFairMaiden Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:50 pm

That corn-based stuff seems pretty cool. There's no shortage of corn here. ^^
TheFairMaiden
TheFairMaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow_Girl Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:51 pm

^^ SWEET
Shadow_Girl
Shadow_Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFairMaiden Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:52 pm

Chea! ^^
TheFairMaiden
TheFairMaiden

Back to top Go down

Presidential Election 08-Who will you vote for? And more abo Empty Ethanol

Post  xX Live4Him Xx Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:22 pm

It seems like a good idea, but there are some setbacks. One of many is that it uses corn, driving up prices on anything corn-related, some you wouldn't think of, such as milk (cows have to eat something, unless they're owned by Link. Does he ever actually feed that thing?). I DO think greater efforts need to be put into drilling for fuel on our own land.
As for Gun control, that could be a whole topic by itself, seeing as there are 22,000 Exclamation gun control laws...
xX Live4Him Xx
xX Live4Him Xx

http://www.live4him.50g.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFairMaiden Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:19 am

I hadn't considered that it would raise corn prices. Hmmmm...I'm sure there's a solution! *goes to think on it*
TheFairMaiden
TheFairMaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum